Preparing your body ahead of time for your pregnancy is important for decreasing the chances of a miscarriage. Follow these steps for at least 3 months before you become pregnant.
1. Prepare for Conception: The first step is to prepare your body with fertility cleansing. This is the release of toxins from the body as a result of using birth control, smoking cigarettes, and eating a poor diet. Fertility cleansing herbs such as Burdock root, Milk Thistle seed, and Goldenseal root are among the many components of a complete fertility cleanse.
2. Eat a Nutrient Dense Fertility Diet: A nutritious diet can improve the health of your eggs, balance hormones, develop a healthy placenta and build a nutrient storage for the baby.
3. Build a Healthy Foundation: This includes basic vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids. This includes taking whole-food prenatal multivitamins with B6, B12 and folic acid and omega-3 supplements. This combination has been shown to help prevent miscarriages due to high homocysteine levels. Essential fatty acids prevent miscarriage due to their many fertility actions. They also reduce inflammation,facilitate hormone production and promote hormone balance.
4. Apply Fertility or Abdominal Massage: Aside from consulting a fertility massage specialist, you can also try Self Fertility Massage. Through applying this technique, the circulation to the uterus can be increased, adhesions can be cleared, and congestion due to endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome and other disorders.
5. Herb & Supplement Program for Recurrent Miscarriage: There are natural remedies that have been shown to help decrease the chances recurrent miscarriages due to immunological, hormonal, or chromosomal abnormalities.
- Vitex: used to prevent miscarriage associated with low progesterone. It is safely used in conjunction with progesterone creams, beginning ideally at least 3 months prior to conception.
- Maca: this herb helps to stimulate and nourish the pituitary gland, acting as a tonic for the hormone system. When the pituitary gland functions optimally, the entire endocrine system becomes balanced.
- Progesterone: responsible for creating a healthy environment in the womb by creating and maintaining a healthy uterine lining and reducing the chances of blood clots and autoimmune-related miscarriage.
- Fertility Enzyme Therapy: for recurrent pregnancy losses caused from either immunological response or blood clotting.
- Uterine Calming Herbs: when combined in a liquid extract, these herbs may greatly help prepare the uterus for implantation and promote a sustainable pregnancy:
- Cramp Bark (Viburnum opulus):
This works to relieve uterine irritation, relax the nervous system and muscles, with specific action on the uterus.
- Black Haw (Viburnum prunifolium):
If there is uterine cramping without cervical dilation, Black haw and Cramp bark have been used to help stop uterine spasm, contractions, bleeding and nervous tension in early pregnancy.
- Partridgeberry (Mitchellarepens):
This is a uterine tonic traditionally used to help strengthen a weak uterus.
- Oat Flowers (Avena sativa):
This is used to treat stress-related fertility issues by improving the function and health of the central nervous system.
- Cramp Bark (Viburnum opulus):